Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New love


It’s finally time for finals and traveling home. Knowing I will be super busy the next few days, I figured I’d post a little early. Then I’ll give you some time to catch up on all the posts so far =)

As I mentioned before, up until about two years ago, I hated fruit. Luckily, I’ve gradually begun to love grapes, berries, pineapple, melon, bananas etc. Apples, they never really made the cut. I’d always get this weirdly sweet taste that would linger after a few bites. I tried gala apples, granny smith apples…same results each time. So, naturally, I gave up.

Until about a week ago, when I met the lovely Honey Crisp


I was handing out free fruit from Whole Foods for a healthy study break, when the rep we were working with encouraged me to try one. I informed her of my apple issues, but she insisted that Honey Crisps were the absolute best. Apparently different kinds of apples taste different. Who knew?

I fell in love. Perfectly sweet, refreshing, and no weird after taste! Not to mention how pretty the blend of red and yellow in its skin is. Isn't it pretty? Yes, I am writing a whole post based on my new love of Honey Crisp Apples…

Moral of the story is, if you haven’t already; try a delicious organic Honey Crisp Apple. Next time you’re in the grocery store, see if they’re available and get a few of those to have on hand as snacks instead of a bag of chips, or some sugary drink. You know what they say, an apple a day…

Be Well.

Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment