Friday, December 28, 2012

My favorite Law of Spirtitual Success *It will change your life*


A favorite story of mine happened when I accidentally pulled out of my driveway without looking. Of course the one time I do this (I’m serious the one time), a car goes flying behind me. I hear this hugeee honk and hit the brakes one inch away from the car. I didn’t move a muscle, with fear I would give her nice SUV a love tap. The woman pulls away, and I remain still. Then she proceeds to get out of her car and scream at me for about 30 seconds straight. Mind you, I didn’t hit her. Yes it was my fault. Yes it was a one-time mistake. I get it. It was scary enough. Anyway, she’s screaming, on the street, alone. My windows are closed, and I hear absolutely nothing she says. All I can think is man, this woman is freaking out, getting all stressed, and I realized it was a bad situation, and have chosen to remain calm. So, when she pulled away in a huff, ruining her own day (for not being hit), I was shook up for a little and then decided to recognize my mistake and move on calmly. We made two very different choices, and I’m sure that day the universe responded to us in very different ways. Years ago, I may have been seriously bothered by that, or have yelled back. But, this law brought me back down to earth…

          Yes we have returned to Deepak! We still have many more awesome laws to go. Have you been reading? Listening maybe? I cannot possibly cover all the wisdom Seven Spiritual Laws of Success shares in this blog, so don’t cheat yourself. Go get it!
                 
          So let’s see where are we? Law number three! We just explored The Law of Pure Potentiality and The Law of Giving. Now we arrive at The Law of Karma.  I think it is safe to say that this is my favorite law. As can be seen from my little story, it is one whose relevance I see in my life every single day. It has gotten me through various tough situations, and continues to be a voice of reason in my daily life. Let it guide you as well!

According to Deepak, The Law of Karma tells us that “every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind”. How do these actions come to be? They are choices. Think about it. Every minute of every single day, we make choices. We choose what we do, we choose how we treat other people, we choose how we feel about ourselves, and we choose how we react to certain situations. In every single thing in life, we have the power to choose. However, so many times we forget this simple fact. We think we are subject to certain conditions. We unconsciously make decisions that may not return the best energy to us. Yet, they are still decisions, that we have made, that no one forced us to make.

Here is how Deepak suggests using the Law of Karma:

1. Witness the choices you make in every moment. The best way to prepare for any moment in the future is to be fully conscious in the present.

2. Whenever you make a choice, ask yourself two questions: “What are the consequences of this choice?” and “Will this choice bring happiness to me and to those who are affected by this choice?”

3. Ask your heart for guidance, and be guided by its message of comfort or discomfort. If the choice feels comfortable, go ahead with that choice. If the choice feels uncomfortable, then don’t make that choice.

This law is so simple, and yet again so incredible. How could we possibly have forgotten how much power we have over our own lives? For example, milk has spilled all over your kitchen. Do you freak out and moan and get angry? Or do you take a deep breath, calmly get some paper towels and clean up the mess? Which will return more positive energy to you? Which will upset everyone around you? Say it spills on your clothes. Will people admire you more for carrying yourself with poise, or for causing a huge scene?

There was a time this semester (or actually a few times) where I was absolutely overwhelmed with commitments. I didn’t know how I’d get it all done. I began to freak out. Then I remembered Deepak’s melodic voice in my head speaking about The Law of Karma. Stressing out over it would only cause me discomfort. It would not help me get everything done. So, I took a deep breath, made a to-do list, and decided to tackle everything one thing at a time. It would all get done, and I needed to take care of my sanity as well.

 So keep this in mind in absolutely any situation. You’re going out after a significant other did something to bother you…is it going to ruin your good time? Or will you go out confident in yourself, and have fun with your friends? Someone has a different point of view than you. Do you become irritated and judgmental? Or do you listen and consider different possibilities, offering your love and support?

It also pertains to health goals. Is skipping your work out today necessary? How will it make you feel? Does your body really need a break (the answer could most certainly be yes)? What are you going to feed your body? Will it make you feel good, or bloated and tired?

I in no way have mastered this law at all yet. However, it is an absolutely amazing resource. Whenever I am anxious or insecure about something, I always remember that I am choosing to feel that way. No one is making me. Remember the quote I posted a while ago? “You are only confined by the walls you build yourself”. It’s a lot to wrap our heads around. Society has conditioned us to react and act in certain ways. It’s ok. Let’s just take it one choice at a time, one day at a time, and remember that we are in control of our own lives. I’m speaking to myself on this one too!!

Wishing you a calm and wonderful day full of awesome karma from the universe,

Be Well.

Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment