Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Julie Does a Juice Cleanse!





I’m backkk!!! This spring absolutely flew by! I fully intended to keep blogging throughout the semester, until it became apparent that I couldn’t fit two part time jobs, school work, running an organization, and having a life my senior spring all into my schedule! Something had to give. But, that means that all semester I have been compiling fun things to share with you!

So, here I am. A college graduate! It hasn’t hit me yet, and I don’t suspect it will until August when I am headed for grad school and not my beloved Miami. Until that reality sets in, I am enjoying being home. I start a full time internship next week, and am taking full advantage of these few days of rest to recover and rejuvenate. College is fun, but it is exhausting! The past few weeks were filled with finals, gatherings, packing, graduation, more packing, more parties, moving, driving, moving things in to storage, driving, sitting, driving…etc. Not my normal routine and my body can feel it. All of the extra graduation celebration goodies, and sitting in the car left me feeling far from my usual light self. I need a reset!

And so, today, I started my very first 3 day Juice Cleanse! Basically, a juice cleanse gives your body a break from any heavy foods while flooding it with nutrients. Since your body doesn’t have to spend energy digesting, it can focus on detoxifying, cleansing, and healing your system. Throughout our lives we accumulate so many toxins both from our food and our environment. Why not do a little spring cleaning?? The predicted benefits of glowing skin, bright eyes, loss of bloating, along with a new sense of body awareness and optimism doesn’t hurt either!

I chose to order a cleanse which came as a complete ready to go package…The Cooler Cleanse! When it comes to juicing and cleansing etc. , I figured with my first time that I should leave it to the professionals to give me the perfect mix of what I need. If I like it, I can then try and figure it out on my own! This cleanse was developed by Salma Hayek and the founder of Juice Generation in New York. It was expertly formulated, and gets wonderful reviews, including best tasting cleanse. The 3 day Cooler Cleanse sends you a supply of 18 fresh pressed, organic, vegan juices to drink over the 3 day period (6 a day). Each day has a variety of fruit and vegetable juices, along with an almond milk drink. Before the cleanse, one is supposed to prepare their body by cutting out processed foods, meat, dairy, caffeine, bread, etc. Since I eat a whole foods , plant based diet and am mainly gluten free…this was not a problem for me. I’m hoping that since my body is so used to fresh, unprocessed foods already that this will be a lovely experience.  


                   

         
                       

Only time will tell!

The next few days I will post recaps of my juice adventure. Wish me luck!

Be Well.

Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment